If you have clients that regularly come in to have their hair touched up, chances are you will be seeing a fair amount of roots that need to be covered up. This is something that everybody, man or woman, goes through if they color their hair on a frequent basis.
There are plenty of ways you can help keep these roots concealed, as long as your client follows the techniques that you put in place between their appointments. Roots don’t have to be the end of the world as long as you and your client know what to do!
Here are a few tips to help keep roots concealed:
- Add volume: A salon blowout is a great way to add volume and bounce to all of the hair, especially at the roots. This will help you to cover up any unsightly strays and keep the roots camouflaged under a sea of healthy hair.
- Color it: Of course, the easiest way to keep roots from showing is for you to simply touch up the coloring job you did during your last appointment. This will help your client’s locks look their best over the upcoming weeks.
- Downplay the part: If your client always splits their hair in the same place, that area will naturally become flatter and more prominent. You can help stop this problem by flipping the part to the other side while you are trimming and styling their locks.
If you are in the market for new hair shears for your salon to produce the best possible results, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality beauty shears that we offer.
If a client comes to you with fine or thin hair, one of the things you can do is make it have the appearance of more volume. It is not that difficult to give clients the thickness they want for their hair, as long as you are able to follow a few simple guidelines that will help you out.
The main thing to remember is to always be gentle while working with fine hair. While you want to use your beauty shears and the other tools that you have at your disposal, you don’t want to put an unnecessary amount of pressure on the follicles that could result in damage.
Here are a few techniques to try:
- Massage the scalp: A great way to pump some life into the follicles is by massaging the scalp of your clients. This will deliver some much-needed nutrients to your client’s hair, and the health will allow the hair to grow out stronger and thicker.
- Shampoo and condition: When your clients come into the salon, you should be sure to condition and shampoo their hair. With the right products, you can add some life and volume to the follicles that will give the impression of thicker hair.
- Trim the split ends: If your client has fine hair they want to get rid of, trimming off the split ends is a great way to do so. This will allow the healthy and strong hair to grow in and allow the hair to look thicker.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we offer.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which means you will likely see more people coming into your salon for a fresh look for the holiday. Your clients will want to look and feel their best for their significant others, which is where your expertise will come in handy.
You don’t have to make any major changes to your client’s hair unless they ask for it. By simply following a few simple guidelines, you will be able to create luscious and luxurious hair that any woman will be proud to wear for your partner on February 14.
Here are a few ways to care for the hair:
- Don’t use heat: Your client will want their hair to look as vibrant and lively as possible for Valentine’s Day, which is why you shouldn’t style with any heat. This can make locks look dull and lifeless, so using alternate methods to dry and style will be better.
- Oil the hair: You should be sure to massage the hair and scalp of your client when they are in for their appointment. This will ensure that the follicles are nourished and the hair looks as shiny and damage-free as possible.
- Try new styles: If your client really wants to shake things up, you should run through their options that they can try out. For a radical difference for the special day, you can always trim the hair in a chic and manageable bob.
If you are in need of new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Our wide selection of hair shears will ensure that you create the best possible looks for your clients, for Valentine’s Day and the rest of the year.
As a hairstylist, you will see people with all different kinds of hair come into your salon. Whether it is thin and needs some work or is thick and full of life, you will need to know how to cut and style each lock until the client is satisfied.
So the next time somebody comes into your salon with hair that is entirely out of control, you will need to keep a few pieces of information in mind in order to get them looking their absolute best. As long as you follow a few simple guidelines, that won’t be a problem!
Here are some tips to help you out:
- Coarse hair: You will need top-of-the-line hair shears for coarse hair, as keeping the locks short on the sides will allow you, as well as the client, to be able to more easily style their rough hair.
- Frizzy hair: The best thing you can do for a client with frizzy hair is to cut it regularly. By taking at least a few inches off of your client’s length, you will be able to better control the overall frizziness.
- Thick hair: If you have a client with locks that are too thick, thinning shears are what you need. This tool can take up to half of the weight of the hair off of the client’s head, while still preserving the length if they don’t want to shorten their hair.
If you are in the market for new hair shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality beauty shears that we offer, as they can help you create the best possible looks for your clients.
When a client comes into your salon with long hair, it can be a challenge to know exactly how you should style it. There are many different options in front of you, but you need to make sure that whatever you do is approved by the client. The great thing about long locks is that you aren’t limited by length, so curling, straightening and trimming are all possible!
Long hair can be plenty fabulous and look great for your client, as long as you are up to the task! With the right beauty shears, you will be able to create the best possible looks for whoever walks in the door.
Here are a few styling tips for long hair:
- Cut it: If your client wants to go for something radically different, they should get the hair cut shorter. Whether you only trim off a bit or really shorten it by a noticeable amount is up to them, but a new cut can really frame their face in a fresh way.
- Straighten it: Long hair can often be unruly, so you want to do everything you can to keep it looking great. This means straightening the locks in order to create a new and classy look for your client.
- Wash it: One of the best things you can do for long hair is to give it the nutrients it needs. A wash and a shampoo will be highly beneficial for these locks, and it will make any changes you are looking to create much easier.
If you are in the market for new hair shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
While you will need to be skilled at what you do, the hair styles you create for customers will only be as good as the tools you have. If you have been in business for a while, chances are you know exactly the hair shears that feel good to you and allow you to work as efficiently as possible.
The last thing you want is to be slowed down by a pair of shears that aren’t working correctly, which can throw off your entire day and may even lose you clients. Finding the right shears doesn’t have to be frustrating, as long as you know what to look for.
Here are a few aspects to keep in mind:
- Comfort of the handle: Sensei recommends the crane style or Rotating Thumb Crane Style shears. These allow you to work with your elbow down when cutting on the side of the head. The rotating thumb shears allow for you to keep your elbow down in all cutting positions.
- Sharpness and durability of the blades: Convex edges will give you a smooth cut and a longer lasting edge. Higher grades of steel can extend the life of the edge even more.
- Overall feel and action of the shear: Many Sensei shears have polymer inlays in the pivots to eliminate the metal against metal contact. This makes the action smoother and the overall shear will last longer. Some models even include a ball bearing in the tension system to further stabilize the blades.
If you are in the market for new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we offer.
When working in a salon, one of the most important things you will do is create a look that your client is happy with. This is especially important for those who are older, as they might look to you for ways in which you can turn back the clock on their appearance.
You want each person to leave your salon looking and feeling their absolute best. There are plenty of ways you can accomplish that, as long as you know where to begin. It is amazing what a fresh cut or coloring can do for the self-esteem of your clients.
Here are a few ways you can accomplish just that:
- Color the hair: For clients that are a bit older, you should recommend having their hair colored on a regular basis. This will help root out all of the grays and can take years off of your client’s face.
- Trim the hair: If your client is battling brittle locks or otherwise dry hair, one of the best things you can do is cut off the offending area. Even a small trim can radically change and improve your client’s appearance.
- Use a trendy cut: To help your client really shake up their look, you should cut and style their hair in a way that is trendy. Even if this breaks them out of their comfort zone, it can do wonders for how they end up looking when they walk out after their appointment.
If you are in the market for new hair shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! With our high-quality beauty shears, you will be able to create the best possible looks for your clients.
As a hairstylist, you will have all kinds of hair that you will have to work with on a regular basis. If somebody comes into your salon with thinning or dry hair, one of the things you will want to avoid as much as possible is heat.
While warmth is important to hair care and styling, there are ways to work around that fact if the need should arise. You will want to be well-versed in caring for hair without heat, 0222as you will likely come across weak locks many times throughout your career.
Here are a few ways to style hair without heat:
- Braid: Creating a nice braid across your client’s head is a great way to style without using any heat. There are many different ways you can create a braid, so you and your client will be able to settle on a design that works for both of you.
- Pull back: When it doubt, you can always pull the hair back and form a nice chignon, twist or other updo. This is a classic way to avoid having to use heat, as you won’t need anything other than your brush and some elastics.
- Trim: The best way to create a new look for your clients is to trim the hair as much as possible. This will allow you to totally frame their face with a new style without using an ounce of heat. This will also help you get rid of any dead ends that have formed.
If you are in the market for new hair shears, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality beauty shears that we offer.
When it comes to taking care of a dog, you need to be as thorough as possible in order to make sure that you successfully build a client base. Grooming and styling a dog is really not much different from taking care of a person, you just need the expertise in order to produce the best results possible. With the right hair shears and other tools, you will be well-prepared when running your dog grooming business. All you need to do is follow a few simple guidelines that will help you out.
Here are a few tips to make sure your grooming is thorough and easy:
- Don’t forget the ears: If the ears of a dog are not kept clean, they can be a breeding ground for bacteria and other diseases. Whether you do so before or after a bath, be sure to spend extra attention cleaning out the dog’s ears.
- Give them a bath: You should always include a bath as a part of the grooming package that you offer. This will allow you to get rid of any tangles that have formed, and the dog will leave smelling and feeling as fresh and clean as possible.
- Trim the fur: This will be especially important for dogs with longer fur or hair that has become matted and tangled. This is one of the first things you should do, as it will likely take you the longest amount of time.
If you are in the market for new dog grooming shears for your business, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn all about the different high-quality products that we offer.
As a hairstylist, one of the most important aspects of your job will be knowing what kind of hair shears are appropriate for the clients that walk into your salon. Knowing the differences between a thinning shear and a texture shear, for example, will allow you to make the right call when trimming a customer’s locks. If you are just starting out, it helps to familiarize yourself with all of the tools you will be working with on a regular basis.
Here are a few questions about thinning and texture shears:
What is a thinning shear? A thinning shear is a shear that has narrow teeth and narrow spaces between the teeth. Usually they will have between 30 and 40 teeth. The fact that they cut such small pieces of hair and leave such small pieces uncut make the difference invisible to the eye. This is why they are often called blending shears as well. Clients don’t want their hair thinned in many cases, but they are happy to have it blended. Don’t be confused by people that will talk about what percentage of hair a texture or thinning shear will remove. If you think about it, the percentage the shear removes has more to do with the thickness of the section than the pattern of the teeth.
On a very fine section, a thinning shear might remove 50 percent of the hair, but on a thicker section the same shear might only take 20 or 25 percent because the excess hair falls between the teeth. A texture shear might remove the same percentage but give you a much different effect. So talking percentage is really not helpful. Thinning or blending shears remove weight and blend hair and they do it without creating volume. Texture shears on the other hand create separation and visible texture which can also create volume. So it is much more helpful to talk about the pattern and function of the teeth than what percentage they remove.
Why do they sometimes leave a line in the section? This is because most thinning shears have a V at the tip of the teeth that will hold a certain amount of hair on each tooth. The straight blade then closes on the teeth and cuts the hair that is held by each tooth. This can sometimes create essentially a dotted line in the section. Also, the sharp straight blade can tug or drag on the uncut hair as you pull the shear away. SENSEI has new seamless blenders that do not make any lines. They also work in such a way that they will never tug or pull at the hair as you draw them away from the section.
What is the difference between thinning and texture shears? A texture shear will have wider teeth and wider spaces between the teeth. The larger pieces of cut and uncut hair will show up to the eye as texture in the hair. The problem is many texture shears cut notches or ‘castle walls’ into the hair. Once again SENSEI has a solution. SENSEI makes Point Cut™ Textureshears that give you the natural look of point cut texture without the time and effort of point cutting. No notches, no ‘castle walls’, just natural texture that clients say grows out better than a randomly point cut haircut.
If you are in the market for new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.