One of the most important aspects of your job will be caring for the tools that you use each day. Hair shears are sturdy, but they need to be maintained well in order to last for years. The last thing you want is to have to replace a beloved pair of shears because you weren’t careful with them.
The good news is that keeping the shears in top shape is fairly simple, as long as you follow a few important guidelines. You should always be aware of what you are using these shears for and how well they are doing their job.
Here are some tips to help you out:
- Adjust the tension: The shears need to have enough tension to cut hair well. At the end of each shift you should check the tension and make any necessary adjustments to get them ready for the next day.
- Keep them closed: When your hair shears are not being used and are set aside, you need to make sure that they are left closed and not open. This will allow the blades to protect each other, as any possible nick or dent will require them to be sharpened.
- Sharpen with a service center: If your shears need to be sharpened, make sure that you only send them to a manufacturer’s recommended service center. These places will provide the best possible results and ensure your shears are sent back in great shape.
If you are interested in purchasing new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we carry for our customers.
One of the most important aspects of your job will be having the right tools that will allow you to create perfect looks for your clients. Not only do you want your customers to leave your salon stylish, but you also want to be efficient while you cut, scheduling as many appointments as possible throughout the day.
That is why having the right hair shears will be essential. If you are looking to purchase new texture shears for your business, you need to know that there is a wide selection available for you to choose from. You will need to pick the right models for the work you hope to do.
Here are a few types for you to use:
- Aggressive texture shears: These shears have wide teeth and wide spaces between those teeth. The shears cut a significant notch into the locks and the difference in texture will be obvious between the cut and uncut pieces.
- Subtle texture shears: This is a kind of shear that can be used on most clients because it can noticeably increase the volume of the hair, without the bluntness of the cut being detectable. These shears have slightly wide teeth that can cut a more substantial piece of hair than blending shears, which will create texture.
- Razor texture shears: The razor texture shears are capable of slide-cutting the hair between the teeth as you draw the locks out. To work properly, they require a convex edge on the straight bladed side.
If you are interested in purchasing new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we carry.