When you are choosing which hair shears you are going to use in your salon, there are many different aspects that you will have to decide on. The length of the blade, the kind of tension system and the handle are all key aspects in having the perfect tools that will allow you to create great work efficiently.
The beauty shears that you use need to be both comfortable and functional. Because you use your hands all day you want to make sure that there is no more strain than necessary put on them. That is why having the right handle thumb treatments is so important.
Here are a few common options:
- Cut away thumb: This style of thumb grip has an indentation cut out in the back of the ring. This allows the sides of the thumb to be used to open the shear, which allows the stylist the option of lowering their elbow when cutting the length of the hair.
- Rotating thumb: When the rotating thumb handle is used properly, it allows the entire length of hair to be cut while the elbow is kept low. The open grip also keeps the hand relaxed, which reduces the chance of a repetitive stress injury.
- Standard flat thumb: The standard flat thumb handle is ideal for those who are left-handed, because it can be switched and used by both dominant hands easily.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we carry.
As a hair stylist, one of the most important things you can do for yourself is invest in high-quality hair shears for your salon. In order to create the best possible looks for your clients as efficiently as possible, you will need shears that can withstand constant use on a daily basis.
In order to make sure that your hair shears remain in top shape, you will need to select the right tension system for your tools. There are several different kinds out there for you to choose from, each with their own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Here are a few kinds of popular tension systems:
- Advanced leaf spring tension: The biggest advantage of this kind of tension system is how it spreads the tension out lengthwise in the pivot of the shear. This system can extend the life of the edge by stabilizing the blades and evenly distributing the work.
- Ball bearing leaf spring tension: The ball bearings in this system include ball bearings which can help stabilize the blades. The bearing is tightly fitted in the center of the shears and the blades rotate on the bearing instead of a typical washer.
- Flat bearing tension system: This kind of shear has internal ball bearings between the blades. This kind of shear tends to hold tension very well and can provide a flat pivot that is stable for those clients that prefer a streamlined look with their hair.
If you are interested in purchasing new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we carry.
A hugely important part of your job as a hair stylist will be finding the rights tools for you to use in your salon. You want to make sure that you have hair shears that are comfortable for you to work with, and will provide the best and most efficient results possible for your clients.
When picking out new tools, you need to be aware of every part of the shear itself. A crucial piece of the puzzle will be the blade, as different kinds of blades offer their own unique advantages. A hair shear’s blade will have a direct effect on its performance and cutting ability.
Here are a few blades to consider:
- Beveled edged blades: This design is one of the oldest and most commonly used in hair shear production. This type of blade cuts very well, but does require a little more force than others out there. It is the least expensive option of all the blade types.
- Convex edged blades: The convex edged blade is very powerful and facilitates cutting that is both smooth and sharp. The outer face of the blade is curved, so this shear is especially useful for side cutting and other more advanced techniques.
- Serrated beveled edges: This type of blade has fine lines or grooves cut into the surface of the beveled edge. This allows the blade to hold onto the hair and prevent it from slipping on the edge of the shear.
If you are in the market for new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we carry.
While you will need to be skilled at what you do, the hair styles you create for customers will only be as good as the tools you have. If you have been in business for a while, chances are you know exactly the hair shears that feel good to you and allow you to work as efficiently as possible.
The last thing you want is to be slowed down by a pair of shears that aren’t working correctly, which can throw off your entire day and may even lose you clients. Finding the right shears doesn’t have to be frustrating, as long as you know what to look for.
Here are a few aspects to keep in mind:
- Comfort of the handle: Sensei recommends the crane style or Rotating Thumb Crane Style shears. These allow you to work with your elbow down when cutting on the side of the head. The rotating thumb shears allow for you to keep your elbow down in all cutting positions.
- Sharpness and durability of the blades: Convex edges will give you a smooth cut and a longer lasting edge. Higher grades of steel can extend the life of the edge even more.
- Overall feel and action of the shear: Many Sensei shears have polymer inlays in the pivots to eliminate the metal against metal contact. This makes the action smoother and the overall shear will last longer. Some models even include a ball bearing in the tension system to further stabilize the blades.
If you are in the market for new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality products that we offer.