When a client comes into your salon looking to make a change to their hair, but they aren’t sure exactly what they want, it can be a frustrating experience. There are moments when a person just wants to try something new, even if they can’t put their finger on what that is. That is where you come in, to offer guidance and experience to create a look they will be pleased with. Changing up a hairstyle can be easy, as long as you know some of the best ways to offer up a new look.
Here are a few tips for playing around with a client’s hair:
- Change the color: If a client has never tried dyeing their hair before, why not give it a shot now? For those who are really looking to shake things up with their look, a new color, even if it is not radically different, is a great way to embrace change.
- Cut it: One of the best ways for a client to embrace a new hairstyle is to trim or cut off what they already have. Something like this can be radical though, especially for those people with longer locks. Just be sure that they are fully committed to this idea before you take out your scissors and get to work.
- Embrace new textures: The right set of blending shears can help you create different and unique textures, from layers to waves. This can mix things up nicely for the client.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears to help you create the best looks possible for your clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to browse the many high-quality beauty shears that we sell.
For most women, hair is an important way that they present themselves to the rest of the world. That is why you will have a constant stream of people coming into your salon looking to you to make sure their locks are as healthy and beautiful as possible.
There are many different ways you can care for a person’s hair, depending on how much treatment they are seeking. Whether they want a simple trim with hair shears or a deep conditioning to nourish the follicles, knowing how to do it all will ensure the long-term success of your business!
Here are a few tips for caring for a client’s hair:
- Deep conditioning: For hair to be as healthy and glowing as possible, it needs the right amount of moisture and other nutrients. You should encourage your clients to seek a washing and conditioning treatment as a part of their visit so you can really help their locks.
- Don’t color the hair: You should steer your clients away from having their hair colored throughout the winter months, as the dyes can strip your hair of its already smaller amount of natural oils. This can wreak havoc in the cold weather.
- Trim the ends: One of the best ways to allow healthy new follicles to grow out is by trimming off the old ones. Even if your client doesn’t want to go too short with their look, it is important to get rid of the ends so the new locks can take their place.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears to produce the best possible results for your clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
Split ends are an issue that you will see time and time again over the course of your career, especially in the winter. The cold weather can take a harsh toll on anybody’s hair, but especially impacts women and men with longer hair that is more exposed to the elements. Being able to tackle the issue of split ends and revive this dead hair will be a very useful skill for you to have. Luckily, there are plenty of ways that you can help fix this problem for those that walk in your door.
Here are a few tips to help fix split ends:
- Avoid heat: When styling a client’s hair, you should use as little heat as possible. The reason for this is simple, as heat can cause damage to the locks, which is what you want to avoid. Minimal amounts of heat will help preserve the health of the hair.
- Brush it out: You will be surprised how much dead hair you can remove simply by brushing effectively. This will also help to spread around the natural oils needed for shinier hair, which can help to eliminate the split ends.
- Trim the hair: One of the easiest ways to deal with split ends is to cut them off entirely. Shorter hair is less likely to have dead locks at the end, and trims help the healthy follicles to grow out successfully. When it doubt, simply cut the hair. If you want to assure the split ends will not come back, trimming the hair with a Cure Cut Razor will seal the ends and help to eliminate new splitting of the ends.
If you are in the market for new hair shears to help create the best looks possible for your clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality beauty shears that we offer.
You should take a minute to think about your own techniques as a hairstylist — how often do you cut and style a client’s locks when they are completely dry? If you are like many in this industry, the answer to that question is probably not very often.
But the truth is, cutting the hair dry can offer you amazing benefits as a stylist and artist and help you create the best looks possible for those that walk in your doors. You will feel more connected to the hair, as you can feel every texture and see each movement.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while cutting dry hair:
- Go round: “Some haircuts miss the mark of excellence because the final shape was cut too square,” stylist David Kinigson told website BehindTheChair. “Round is generally more flattering than square, adding fresh dimensionality to existing shapes.”
- Prepare the hair: Just because you are cutting the locks dry doesn’t mean you should avoid a full wash and shampoo. In fact, freshly cleaned hair will make the cutting easier, even if it is fully dry later in the appointment.
- Think soft: When you are preparing to cut the hair, you want to make sure that you don’t create a line that is too blunt or hard too quickly that you cannot undue. You want to make sure that the look you are creating is sophisticated and stylish, so starting off with looser or softer cuts will be more beneficial. Sensei DryCut shears will not cut blunt lines, so they can be perfect for keeping your dry cuts looking soft and natural.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears for your salon that will help you to create great new looks, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
The United States is currently experiencing a brutal cold snap, with many parts of the country dealing with the impact of subzero temperatures. Nowhere will this become more apparent than with the clients that walk into your salon, many of whom will have hair that reflects the current outdoor conditions. Winter takes a heavy toll on our hair with dry winds, something that is not helped by freezing cold temperatures. The best thing you can do for your client is be armed with the knowledge to reverse the impact.
Here are a few tips to keep your clients’ hair healthy all winter long:hair health
- Avoid heat: If your client has a wash with their haircut, you should use as little heat as possible while drying the locks. That is because tools like blow dryers and straighteners can suck the moisture right out of the hair, something you obviously want to avoid in these dry conditions.
- Keep it trimmed: Recommend that your client returns about every six weeks to have their hair trimmed. That way you can get rid of the dead locks and allow the healthy follicles to grow in.
- Use a deep conditioner: Before you do anything else, you should wash a client’s hair with a deep conditioner. This will help to get rid of any dryness of flakiness that they are experiencing with their scalp. You will see the best results with products that contain natural oils.
If you are interested in purchasing new hair shears to help create the best looks possible for your clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
When it comes to running a dog grooming business, you will need to focus on your efficiency as much as the quality of the jobs that you do. You certainly want to make sure that the clients that come to you leave happy and want to return, but that is an aspect of the job that will need to be balanced by getting to as many clients as possible on a given day. As long as you maintain your focus, you will face no problems in making sure you do as much work as possible.
Here are a few tips to help you save time while grooming:
- Care for your supplies: You will need to make sure that you keep your dog grooming shears in the best shape possible each day. If you have scissors that are dull or shears that are filled with fur, you will have to waste time during an appointment cleaning them out. Take advantage of any down time between clients to maintain the tools.
- Don’t overbook yourself: If you know that you can only get through a certain number of dogs each day, you shouldn’t try and push yourself by scheduling more than that. This will make you rush through everything and you will end up creating subpar work.
- Have the right tools: One of the most important aspects of your job will be making sure that you have the shears and scissors that you need readily available to you. As long as you are well-equipped, you will be able to do the best job as efficiently as possible.
If you are interested in new Dog Grooming Shears for your business, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
Grooming a dog is not often an easy task, as you will be faced with all kinds of pets that want to scurry away from your care. You could even risk injury if you are not careful enough, as many breeds have a tendency to bite and snap when they feel threatened. Luckily, there are plenty of ways you can make your job easier, as long as you follow a few simple guidelines.
You want to always have the safety of you and the dog in mind while you are working, which is why having the right dog grooming shears will be essential for a successful business.
Here are a few tips to help make the grooming easier:
- Buy the right tools: The foundation of a successful grooming business is the tools that you use to get the job done. Only the highest-quality blades should be purchased, so make sure that you know exactly what you are buying before you invest your money.
- Go with the fur: One of the first things you will need to do is comb out any mats or tangles that exist. This will also help you get rid of the dead fur through the brushing, which will make it much simpler for you to shave the dog down after. Cutting the fur then will be a breeze.
- Research the different breeds: There are some kinds of dogs that will lend themselves much more naturally to a dog grooming than others. After you book an appointment, get some basic background information so you know what to expect when your client walks in the door. Longer fur, for example, will take more time than a dog with a short coat.
If you are in the market for new tools to help you create the best results possible for your furry little clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today!