Sharp groomer’s shears are an essential tool of the trade–the high-quality kind may even last for as long as 20 years, if not more. This largely depends on maintenance, however, as the original edge will require professional sharpening annually.
According to a recent survey from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), nearly 50 percent of all homes in the United States own at least one dog. That equates to roughly 70 to 80 million dogs as pets in the United States alone.
What this means is that dog grooming is a major industry in the country. According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA), dog grooming is worth $4 billion each year in the United States. If you are in this major industry, having the right tools for your business is essential.
Here are a few reasons why you should shop with Sensei Shears for your dog grooming products:
- Leader in quality and value: When you shop with Sensei Shears, you will be getting the best value for your dollar. We are the worldwide leader in ergonomics and are the most innovative scissor company in the world. For the best possible products, be sure to shop with us!
- Made from high-quality materials: The beauty shears that we sell for both humans and dogs are designed to create a superior cut and be as flexible and comfortable as possible for you to use. We use only the best metals and other materials, such as screws and grips, to create the best possible product.
- Variety of products: The best reason to shop with Sensei Shears is because of the number of tools that we are able to offer to our customers. Whether you need a Sensei Classic Deluxe Crane Handle Shear or Sensei Classic Crane Handle Shear, you fill find your needs met while working with us. Out shears come with things like Polymer glides that improve movement of the shear and eliminates metal to metal wear and tear.
If you are interested in buying new dog shears for your business, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Take a look at the rest of our website to learn more about all of the different high-quality hair shears that we carry.
When it comes to taking care of a dog, you need to be as thorough as possible in order to make sure that you successfully build a client base. Grooming and styling a dog is really not much different from taking care of a person, you just need the expertise in order to produce the best results possible. With the right hair shears and other tools, you will be well-prepared when running your dog grooming business. All you need to do is follow a few simple guidelines that will help you out.
Here are a few tips to make sure your grooming is thorough and easy:
- Don’t forget the ears: If the ears of a dog are not kept clean, they can be a breeding ground for bacteria and other diseases. Whether you do so before or after a bath, be sure to spend extra attention cleaning out the dog’s ears.
- Give them a bath: You should always include a bath as a part of the grooming package that you offer. This will allow you to get rid of any tangles that have formed, and the dog will leave smelling and feeling as fresh and clean as possible.
- Trim the fur: This will be especially important for dogs with longer fur or hair that has become matted and tangled. This is one of the first things you should do, as it will likely take you the longest amount of time.
If you are in the market for new dog grooming shears for your business, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn all about the different high-quality products that we offer.
As a hairstylist, one of the most important aspects of your job will be knowing what kind of hair shears are appropriate for the clients that walk into your salon. Knowing the differences between a thinning shear and a texture shear, for example, will allow you to make the right call when trimming a customer’s locks. If you are just starting out, it helps to familiarize yourself with all of the tools you will be working with on a regular basis.
Here are a few questions about thinning and texture shears:
What is a thinning shear? A thinning shear is a shear that has narrow teeth and narrow spaces between the teeth. Usually they will have between 30 and 40 teeth. The fact that they cut such small pieces of hair and leave such small pieces uncut make the difference invisible to the eye. This is why they are often called blending shears as well. Clients don’t want their hair thinned in many cases, but they are happy to have it blended. Don’t be confused by people that will talk about what percentage of hair a texture or thinning shear will remove. If you think about it, the percentage the shear removes has more to do with the thickness of the section than the pattern of the teeth.
On a very fine section, a thinning shear might remove 50 percent of the hair, but on a thicker section the same shear might only take 20 or 25 percent because the excess hair falls between the teeth. A texture shear might remove the same percentage but give you a much different effect. So talking percentage is really not helpful. Thinning or blending shears remove weight and blend hair and they do it without creating volume. Texture shears on the other hand create separation and visible texture which can also create volume. So it is much more helpful to talk about the pattern and function of the teeth than what percentage they remove.
Why do they sometimes leave a line in the section? This is because most thinning shears have a V at the tip of the teeth that will hold a certain amount of hair on each tooth. The straight blade then closes on the teeth and cuts the hair that is held by each tooth. This can sometimes create essentially a dotted line in the section. Also, the sharp straight blade can tug or drag on the uncut hair as you pull the shear away. SENSEI has new seamless blenders that do not make any lines. They also work in such a way that they will never tug or pull at the hair as you draw them away from the section.
What is the difference between thinning and texture shears? A texture shear will have wider teeth and wider spaces between the teeth. The larger pieces of cut and uncut hair will show up to the eye as texture in the hair. The problem is many texture shears cut notches or ‘castle walls’ into the hair. Once again SENSEI has a solution. SENSEI makes Point Cut™ Textureshears that give you the natural look of point cut texture without the time and effort of point cutting. No notches, no ‘castle walls’, just natural texture that clients say grows out better than a randomly point cut haircut.
If you are in the market for new beauty shears for your salon, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
When it comes to running a dog grooming business, you will need to focus on your efficiency as much as the quality of the jobs that you do. You certainly want to make sure that the clients that come to you leave happy and want to return, but that is an aspect of the job that will need to be balanced by getting to as many clients as possible on a given day. As long as you maintain your focus, you will face no problems in making sure you do as much work as possible.
Here are a few tips to help you save time while grooming:
- Care for your supplies: You will need to make sure that you keep your dog grooming shears in the best shape possible each day. If you have scissors that are dull or shears that are filled with fur, you will have to waste time during an appointment cleaning them out. Take advantage of any down time between clients to maintain the tools.
- Don’t overbook yourself: If you know that you can only get through a certain number of dogs each day, you shouldn’t try and push yourself by scheduling more than that. This will make you rush through everything and you will end up creating subpar work.
- Have the right tools: One of the most important aspects of your job will be making sure that you have the shears and scissors that you need readily available to you. As long as you are well-equipped, you will be able to do the best job as efficiently as possible.
If you are interested in new Dog Grooming Shears for your business, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today! Check out the rest of our website to learn more about the high-quality products that we offer.
Grooming a dog is not often an easy task, as you will be faced with all kinds of pets that want to scurry away from your care. You could even risk injury if you are not careful enough, as many breeds have a tendency to bite and snap when they feel threatened. Luckily, there are plenty of ways you can make your job easier, as long as you follow a few simple guidelines.
You want to always have the safety of you and the dog in mind while you are working, which is why having the right dog grooming shears will be essential for a successful business.
Here are a few tips to help make the grooming easier:
- Buy the right tools: The foundation of a successful grooming business is the tools that you use to get the job done. Only the highest-quality blades should be purchased, so make sure that you know exactly what you are buying before you invest your money.
- Go with the fur: One of the first things you will need to do is comb out any mats or tangles that exist. This will also help you get rid of the dead fur through the brushing, which will make it much simpler for you to shave the dog down after. Cutting the fur then will be a breeze.
- Research the different breeds: There are some kinds of dogs that will lend themselves much more naturally to a dog grooming than others. After you book an appointment, get some basic background information so you know what to expect when your client walks in the door. Longer fur, for example, will take more time than a dog with a short coat.
If you are in the market for new tools to help you create the best results possible for your furry little clients, be sure to shop with Sensei Shears today!